Fitbit is renowned for its awesome gadgets (most notably its wireless activity tracker, the Fitbit Ultra). With Fitbit products, you can monitor and gauge just how well (or badly) you are working your body. You get to know if you are getting enough exercise each day (every minute of every hour of each day).
The Fitbit Aria is one more in the long line of health and fitness gadgets produced by Fitbit. The difference between the Aria and many other similar products is that the Aria tracks your body fat and your weight as opposed to your body movement.
The Fitbit Aria is, on the face of it, a weighing scale. That is exactly what it looks like. The difference between the Aria and a normal weighing scale, in terms of appearance, is that the Aria is quite pretty. The top of it is made of a very thin glass (0.3 inches thick) so as to add to the gadget’s overall strength. It comes in either black or in white. It also has bright, crystal-clear LEDs for the best display. There are hemispheres embossed on its under side in a nice neat pattern. The batteries (just four AAs) are located in a pocket under a couple of these hemispheres.
But the Fitbit Aria is not simply made to look pretty in your bathroom. Its functionality is also worth noting.
- The Fitbit Aria measures the percentage of fat in your body as well as your total body weight.
- It uploads said information over the Wi-Fi network in your home or your gym to your cloud-based account.
- The Fitbit Aria uses four AA batteries, which is somewhat surprising. These batteries can last or a total of six months before depleting.
- By making use of the memory it has garnered from its usage, the Fitbit Aria is capable of detecting a total of eight different people. It uses the memory (historical data) to figure out just who is using it at the moment.
- The Fitbit Aria is quick and easy to set up. It can and should be used as more than a simple weighing scale. It doesn’t need any cables or miscellaneous connections.
Everything works from right there where you place it. All you have to do is connect it to the Wi-Fi network in your home or gym. To do this, you can connect the Fitbit Aria to either your phone or your computer so that it too can share the home Wi-Fi network.
To put the Fitbit Aria in its set up mode, you will need to open the battery cover underneath it, take out the batteries and put them back in a few seconds later. While the Aria is in this mode, it acts as a Wi-Fi hotspot. You can use your computer or a compatible phone to connect to the scale’s network. The app has to be installed on your phone or computer, though. After you do this for the first time, everything will work automatically. New data and information will be uploaded to the cloud-based storage via the Wi-Fi network each time the scale is used.